The QuickBooks Offline Report generated in Ollie Order can be exported from the app and then imported into with QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online.
How to import the QuickBooks Offline Report into QuickBooks Desktop
To import the report into QuickBooks Desktop, the use of a third party application, Transaction Pro (or similar) is necessary to facilitate the import into QB Desktop).
To learn more about Transaction Pro and how it works please click here.
How to import the QuickBooks Offline Report into QuickBooks Online
Once the report has been created and exported from Ollie, follow these steps to import the data into QuickBooks Online.
1. Open QuickBooks Online application
2. Select gear menu > Import Data
3. On the Import Data page, select the box labelled Invoice
4. Upload the CSV file by selecting the Browse button and then the recently saved file
5. Go to Reports > Other, scroll down to find the QuickBooks Offline Report
- Note: the file can have no more than 1000 rows (if your file exceeds this, please save as separate files and repeat the uploading process as necessary
6. If necessary, check the following boxes:
- Add new contacts that don’t already exist in QuickBooks
- Add new products/services that don’t already exist in QuickBooks
7. Select Next
8. Under “Map your column headings” you will then be required to map QuickBooks fields as follows:
- Invoice No = Invoice
- Customer = Customer
- Invoice Date = Date Date field = D/M/YYYY
- Due Date = Date
- Service Date = Not applicable
- Item Description = Description
- Item Quantity = Quantity
- Item Amount = Price Tax = Exclusive of Tax
- Item Tax Code = Tax Code
9. Select Next
10. Under “Map your tax code” map the tax code to any pre-existing tax codes on file (example Liquor Tax)
11. Select Next
You will then be advised the number of invoices and new customers or products that will be added. If all looks correct, select the Start Import button. After the items import you will receive confirmation of what has been added which can be viewed under the Invoicing tab.