The main way to add packaged inventory is to add it via a packaging transaction, but you can add it here if you are backfilling inventory or receiving inventory from anywhere other than your current beer production in your tanks.
- Navigate to the inventory page by clicking on "Packaged Inventory" on the navigation bar.
- Choose the type of inventory you will be adding.
- Click on the "+" sign at the top of the page.
- This will bring up a new section which will allow you to add your inventory.
- Select the product that you are adding. If you don't see the product listed you will need to go and set up your product in the "Products" area. Once you've got your products setup you're ready to add packaged inventory.
- Select the date that the packaging occurred and the amount packaged.
- Optionally enter the lot code for that packaged inventory. If you do not, one will automatically be assigned.
- Click "Save" to add your inventory.
In this main inventory view, all of your packaged inventory is aggregated, so if you'd like to see more detail about each individual item simply click on the "eye" icon for that item to see the detail for that item.
Sometimes it may be necessary to make adjustments to a particular inventory item due to spoilage, loss, or sales. To do this, you first need to navigate to the detail view for that inventory item by clicking on the "eye" icon from the aggregate view.
This will take you to the detail page for that item where you can see all of the lots of packaged inventory you have in stock.
To remove inventory for a specific lot:
- Click on the "+/-" icon for that lot.
- A window will open and simply select either "Remove" and the amount.
- Optionally, add any notes you want to attach to this transaction.
- You can also can track the inventory removal as a specific type of removal
- Normal: Tracked as beer removed for consumption
- Loss: Tracked as loss for tax purposes (for unintended wastage)
- Destroyed On Premises: Beer that is intentionally destroyed from any of the above listed processes before it is sold.
- Click on "Save" to complete the transaction.
To edit the details for an item:
- Click on the "pencil" icon to open the edit dialog.
- Change any of the specifications for the transaction.
- Click on "Save"
To view the transactions for an item:
- Click on the "eye" icon for the specific lot you would like to inspect.
- This will bring up the transaction detail screen, where you can see when inventory was added or removed, and why it was added or removed.
To remove an item:
- Click on the red "x" and confirm that you want to delete the item.
Filtering and Sorting
You can filter the lists by simply beginning to type in the input box that is next to the green "+" button on the top of the page. Results will be filtered as you type.
Most columns on the list views are sortable, and you can sort by a particular column by simply clicking on the header to sort in ascending order. To reverse the sort order to descending, simply click on the header again.