We are thrilled to bring on a new Integration for our Ollie Ops users - QuickBooks!
QuickBooks is one of the leading accounting solutions for small businesses, and can now be integrated with your Ollie Ops account. Easily sync your purchase orders and vendors from Ollie Ops to QuickBooks Online, connect expense accounts to products, and even set credit limits for your vendors.
*Please note, In order to utilize this integration you must be using at least QuickBooks Online Plus
Ready to integrate your QuickBooks with Ollie Ops? Follow the below steps, and if you have questions, please reach out to Support!
- Click the Settings gear icon at the top right corner of Ollie Ops and select Brewery Settings
- Click on the Integrations tab, and select the box for QuickBooks
- Click on the Connect QuickBooks button
- You will then be redirected to the QuickBooks website to login and authorize Ollie Ops to interact with your QuickBooks account
Now that you've officially integrated Ollie Ops and QuickBooks, let's make sure all the settings look good!
Under Brewery Settings --> Integrations --> QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Click the Purchase Orders tab
- Make sure to check the box next to "Automatically sync vendors with Quickbooks?" and the "Automatically sync purchase orders with Quickbooks?" boxes
- Select an Accounts Payable Account, Raw Material Expense Account, and Packaging Material Account to use for associating your purchase orders items within QuickBooks
- Click Update Preferences to save your settings
What about your Vendors?
- Head over to the Vendor management page by clicking on the Settings gear icon at the top right, and select Vendors
- Click on the button at top right to Sync from QuickBooks, and bring all of your vendor info to Ollie
A few things to keep in mind:
- Aside from the "Credit Limit" field, all other fields for vendors must be managed in QuickBooks and if changes are made on the QuickBooks side of things, you must manually re-sync your vendors using the steps above
- Purchase orders are now fully managed in Ollie Ops. No changes to purchase orders from QuickBooks will be synced back to Ollie Order
You made it! Your Ollie Ops and QuickBooks are now integrated, but what does that mean?
Once the integration is turned on your purchase orders will automatically be synced when the following events occur:
- When a purchase order is marked as ordered and moves from a "draft" to an "open" state Ollie Ops will create the purchase order in QuickBooks
- When the vendor is changed, the purchase order number is changed, a line item is added/removed/updated Ollie Ops will update the purchase order in QuickBooks
- When a purchase order has been marked as "received" Ollie Ops will generate a bill in QuickBooks that is linked to the purchase order and the line item amounts will be updated to reflect any additional costs that were added when the purchase order was received
If you have questions about the integration, please reach out to Support! We're happy to help guide you.