Before packaging, you'll need to ensure you've setup your products. Once you've got your products setup you're ready to start packaging!
Recording a packaging run
- From the Dashboard, click on the name of the tank that you would like to package from. This will bring up the tank action menu.
- Click on "Record Packaging". This will open the packaging modal.
- First select a product to package from the drop down menu.
- Next select the packaging date. This will be pre-populated with today's date but if you need to record packaging for previous days, you can click on the date and update it.
- Next enter the volume left in the tank when packaging was completed. If the there is a small amount left in the tank and you plan on dumping it, enter 0 here. The system will automatically calculate the losses for you and record them for tax purposes.
- Next enter the amount of the product that was packaged.
- If you'd like to enter your own lot code, enter that now in the lot code field. If you don't provide a lot code, one will be generated for you.
- The final field needed is the "Tax Determined" field. If you are packaging from a uni-tank and not from a previously tax-determined tank, you'll need to mark this transaction as "Tax Determined" so that it is properly recorded on your tax reports.
Updating a packaging run
If you make a mistake when recording a packaging run, you can edit certain details about this run from the batch detail page.
To edit the volumes or amount packaged:
- Navigate to the batch detail page from the dashboard by clicking on the name of the beer on the tank. If the beer is no longer in the tank, navigate to the batch list page by clicking on "Batches" on the side navigation. From there find the batch that you would like to view and click on the edit icon.
- Navigate to the packaging tab by clicking on "Packaging".
- Click on the "X" to delete the transaction and go back to the dashboard and record it again. Note: You can only perform the delete operation if the tank that the beer was in is empty, or still contains that batch. If you are in this situation and need to make modifications, please contact support.
To edit the packaged date or tax status:
- Navigate to the batch detail page, and then the packaging page as detailed above.
- Directly edit the packaged at date or the tax status. These fields will automatically save.