As you start brewing recipes, raw material inventory of Grains, Hops, Miscellaneous items, and Yeast will be depleted. To get started, you will need to add in all the ingredients you use and how much you have on hand.
The recommended way to do this is via the bulk import option for each material type, doing so will also update your ingredient database (found under the dial in the top right hand corner).
How to Add Raw Materials and Inventory
If you have an ingredient supplied by multiple vendors, create multiple versions of the ingredient and indicate the vendor in the name.
1. On the left hand side, under Inventory, click Raw Materials
2. Start with the Grain tab selected, click the Import button
3. Click the Download Template button
4. Fill out the template according to the column headers, but be sure to delete the first line (which is an example). A description of what is needed for each column can be found on the right hand side of this screen. Once completed, save the file.
5. Drag and drop the completed file into the import box and click Import
6. Repeat this process for Hops, Miscellaneous Ingredients, and Yeast
Note: It is very important that your ingredients match what your recipe calls for exactly, this includes both the spelling of the ingredient, any identification of vendors in the name and the unit of measurement. When a recipe is started it will look for an exact match, to draw down raw material inventory.
What to Expect Once you Import Your Raw Materials
Once you have used the bulk importer tools to add your ingredients and inventory, all the ingredients will be added to your Ingredient database found under the dial in the top right hand corner. To make ordering and receiving inventory efficient, you will want to set your preferred vendors and how you purchase each ingredient.
How to Add, Edit, or Delete Ingredients
To add, edit or delete ingredients, go to the dial in the top right corner and select Ingredients
To edit an ingredient, click the three dots on the right hand side of corresponding line and select Edit Item:
Update the following options accordingly and then click update
- Name of the ingredient
- Color = see manufactures notes
- Extract fine grind = see manufactures notes
- Preferred Vendor = this will help auto-populate purchase orders when you purchase and receive more inventory
- Preferred Amount per unit = How much of the product comes in a typical package when you purchase it (this needs to be a number)
- Preferred Unit of Measure = what unit of measurement do you typically buy this product in (options: pounds, kilos, grams or ounces)
- Preferred Quantity unit of Measure = what form, does purchasing this item usually come in (bag, box, pallet etc.)
Note: if you have multiple ingredients that you purchase from the same vendor, or purchase with the same unit of measurement (or both), you can bulk edit (or bulk delete) items by checking multiple ingredient boxes and then selecting the Batch Actions button.
To delete an ingredient, click the three dots on the right hand side of the corresponding line and select Delete Item. Confirm the decision by clicking ok.
For more information on adding ingredients manually and adjusting ingredient inventory, visit the Help Centre article, Raw Material Inventory.