Connecting to Intuit’s QuickBooks Online is a great way to keep your bookkeeping account in sync with your Ollie account for payments, refunds, and credits.
In order to connect your Ollie account with your Intuit QuickBooks Online account, there are just a couple of quick steps needed. (You may need to reconfigure some settings in your QBO account.)
In Ollie Order, go to Settings > Integrations > QuickBooks Integration, and select Quickbooks Online.
1) Connect Your QuickBooks Accounts
2) Configure your QBO account
Ollie Order will need the below information about your accounting setup. You will likely have many of those accounts already set up and therefore can skip some of the steps below. If you have any doubts, please consult your accountant on best practices for the QuickBooks setup.
- Income Account - This is where Ollie will send invoices and record sales. To track sales on the Ollie platform separately you might want to create a separate account called "Ollie Order - Sales” or you may choose an existing account you have, like “Sales”.
- To create a new account in QuickBooks go to Accounting --> Chart of Accounts and click New. It's best to indicate that this Sales account is Ollie Order in the name.
- Container Deposit- It's good practice to track your container deposits as a different product type.
- To create a new product go to Sales --> Products and Services.
- Then Create a Non-Inventory Product called Ollie Order - Container Deposits.
3. Add Sales Product - Go to Sales > Products and Services. Create a Service Product called Ollie Order - Sales.
- Container Deposit Tax Code - Ollie will generate a separate line item on QBO for each product that has deposits and assign this tax code to it. You mostly likely already have an “Exempt” tax code. To find out go to Taxes > Manage Sales Taxes.
- GST Tax Code - Products sent to QBO with GST will have this tax code applied to them. You will most likely have this tax code in place. (If not, please see Step 4)
- GST & PST Liquor Tax Code - Combined tax for liquor products where both GST and PST apply. Go to: Taxes > Manage Sales Taxes > Add Tax > Add a Custom Tax and Agency.
Next, check out Step 2: Connect Ollie to QuickBooks Online to complete your setup.
Questions? Please reach out to Support!