Connecting to Intuit’s QuickBooks Online is a great way to keep your bookkeeping account in sync with your Ollie account for payments, refunds, and credits.
In order to connect your Ollie account with your Intuit QuickBooks Online account, there are just a couple of quick steps needed. (You may need to reconfigure some settings in your QBO account.)
Note: we suggest having your QBO account set to "Accountant View" which can be set from your settings in QBO.
In Ollie Order, go to Settings > Integrations > QuickBooks Integration, and select Quickbooks Online.
1) Connect Your QuickBooks Accounts
2) Configure your QBO account
Ollie Order will need the below information about your accounting setup. You will likely have many of those accounts already set up and therefore can skip some of the steps below. If you have any doubts, please consult your accountant on best practices for the QuickBooks setup.
- Income Account - This is where Ollie will send invoices and record sales. To track sales on the Ollie platform separately you might want to create a separate account called "Ollie Order - Sales”, "Sales of Product Income" or you may choose an existing account you have, like “Sales”.
- To create a new account in QuickBooks go to Transactions --> Chart of Accounts and click New. It's best to indicate that this Sales account is Ollie Order in the name.
Keg/Container Deposit- If you want your keg deposits to hit a different income account, follow the same steps above for Income Account but create this account as Keg Deposits.
It's good practice to track your container deposits as a different product type.
Now create a Non-Inventory Product or Service for Keg Deposits.
- To create a new product go to Sales --> Products and Services.
- Then Create a Non-Inventory Product or Service called Ollie Order - Keg Deposits or Ollie Order - Container Deposits.
Make sure your Income account that it is tied to is either the Income Account you created above, or your Keg Deposits account, if you wish to separate out the income from your product sales.
Add Finished Goods - Go to Sales > Products and Services. Create a Service Product called Finished Goods - Beer or Finished Goods - Spirits or whatever your product(s) are you are selling.
Again, Make sure your Income account is tied to is the Income Account you created above.
- Container Deposit Tax Code - Ollie will generate a separate line item on QBO for each product that has deposits and assign this tax code to it. You mostly likely already have an “Exempt” tax code. To find out go to Taxes > Sales Taxes.
- GST & PST Tax Code - Products sent to QBO with GST and/or PST will have this tax code applied to them. You will most likely have this tax code in place. These can be input and set by going to the Payments & Financials tab in your Ollie Order settings. Enter in the necessary GST and/or PST number(s) and hit Update.
3) Configure your Ollie Order account
In Ollie Order, head to your Quickbooks Integration in your settings, to map your QBO accounts with the respective Ollie Order accounts.
Questions? Please reach out to Support!