With Ollie Order's tax management feature, you have the ability to customize your tax rate setup to handle all of the edge cases that apply to your business.
If you are integrated with QBO (QuickBooks Online), you will need to setup your Tax Rates in Ollie Order to match what is setup in QBO. For reference: here is a link to QBO's support page on setting up sales tax.
If you export and import data from Ollie Order to QuickBooks Desktop, you will need to map your tax rate on the Settings -> Integrations page.
- Click on account menu
- Click on Settings
- Click on Payments & Financials
- Click on Tax Management
- Click on Add new category
Categories are the highest level of grouping for taxes: i.e.
- In the US -> NC Sales Tax, PA Sales Tax
- In Canada -> GST, PST, etc.
- Enter in a name for your Tax Category
- Select the products you'd like to add to this Tax Category
Products can also be added to a Tax Category from the Product Variant page in the Products section of the app.
*Products can be added to multiple Tax Categories.
**New products will need to be added to a Tax Category once they are added to the app.
- Click on Create Category
- Click on Add new zone
Zones are typically tied to a region or grouping of customers:
- Cobb County, GA
- Dekalb County, GA
- GA Wholesalers
- Enter a name for your Tax Zone
- Select the customers you'd like to add to this Tax Zone
Customers can also be added to a Tax Zone from the Customer Details page in the Customers section of the app.
*Customers can only be added to one Tax Zone.
**New customers will need to be added to a Tax Zone once they are added to the app.
Click on Create Zone
- Click on Add new rate
- Select the Tax Category you'd like to add to this Tax Rate
- Select the Tax Zone you'd like to add to this Tax Rate
- Enter your Tax Rate
- Click on Create Rate